BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The fourth of July 2012

Wasn't published but saved in drafts is here it is::

Hey everyone!

I am so excited to be writing this blog. This fourth of July was so amazing and so much happened. Some of you may know that Christopher's grandpa owns a firework stand. The fourth of July is the big holiday of the year.  All the family comes and camps out at the Indian Reservation and it is like one big party. Well, grandpa Ed passed away last month. It left a feeling of uncertainty for the upcoming holiday. The stand stayed open and every day that we could we went out to the reservation to help out. So on the 2nd Chris packed up the boys and got the camp set up out there and I headed out after work. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. This is the first fourth that I would be out there since Chris and I split up. We are currently seeing eachother again. and i know that our split up didn't just affect us. Both of our families have been so supportive of whatever decisions we have made and I cannot be more thankful for that. When I got there all the guys were in the back playing horseshoes. and I was greeted with big smiles and even bigger hugs. Matty, was there and it was the first i had seen him since he became healthy. I cannot even begin to express how good it was to see him. So the festivities commenced. Rosemary and her ex husband played chris and i at horse shoes. needless to say I didn't get extra points for tossing it into the yard. But there were lots of laughs. I worked the next day but jetted right out after. Liz ended up coming and staying out as well. It turned out to be the running joke that it was the ex's vs. the currents weekend. I like to say i win because I'm both. On the night of the third, we were all around the fire pit laughing and having a good time. when chris, matty and I decided to do a "blair witch" thing. I had recently won a video camera at work and so we set out to look for the boogy woogy. lol Chris tends to get a little scared (which has always made me laugh) so matty found a stick and labled it the boogy woogy beater. you can't really say that out loud without giggling a little bit. We decided to have Matty run a head and hide for Liz to come and we were going to scare her and chris had though he doubled back. Chris then decided to not want to go out any further thinking Matty had gone. I knew he haden't. Liz never came out to scare but we got Chris pretty good which i love since he was in on it. And yes! I have it all on tape :) the best part of the night though was of course there were stories of Ed through out but when chris, liz, matty, and i decieded to walk down to the creek we looked to the left and on the side of the garage that Ed had built lit by the full moon was a cross. Now there are certin ways we can rationalize it away but it was the perfect size and angle. no one could get a picture it is just something that will be in our minds. Something we shared together. It was like a sign saying I made it here because of Christ and you can too. We were in awe.
The four of us hadn't been together in at least six years. I kept turning to liz and asking did you ever think it would be this way again? Im not going to sell you guys on Chris and me. At this point there have been so many ups and downs that words don't really mean much. But if you wonder how we are doing ask liz if it is differnt this time. she has been around the whole 9 years. and she will be honest. My other favorite part was laying in the street. liz, rosemary,matty, chris and I. under the full moon. Not the most responsible thing. but its nice to see how far all of us has come. I haven't laughed as hard as that night for a very long time. I know im leaving a lot out, and i might not be painting the picture as it is in my head. but i really want this out. so years later i can look back and rememeber. The night of the fourth was amazing. Christopher did a tribute to Grandpa and the grandson's lit the fireworks. in my 9 years i haven't seen so many people out  there. We got our own 40 minute show. better then any firework show i have ever seen. One that I will never forget.

0 comments: